2 things... - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 45
2 things...

1: This bike does not like traffic. I got caught in some yesterday and I thought my inner thighs were going to burn! My 848 was hot, but not like this. I was riding with some guys on 1199rís and 1299ís and they said Iíll get used to it. I wonder if anyone else finds this bike a little warm.

2: I keep hitting the turn signal to the right, even when I turn it off. Itís happened a few times where I signal, make a lane change, and turn off the signal. I look down, and the right turn signal is on. Curious if anyone else does this as well.
Panzer07 likes this.
themightye is offline  
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Bikeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 164
Yeah I've also been hearing that the V4 runs quite a bit hotter than what most riders are used to. Has there been any mention of an aftermarket heat shield?
Bikeman is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 140
That's pretty much the thing I've discovered with Ducati Panigale bikes, gets pretty hot when there's no wind going through the fairing. They're known for it.
Wearing leather helps.
tyr likes this.
Duckaty is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 6
1. This bike definitely gets a little toasty. It is noticeably hotter than my TL1000R, which I always found to be very hot in traffic.

2. I frequently find myself doing this as well. It wonít matter soon though, the directionals are coming off in a week once my new license plate bracket shows up. The mirrors are useless in my opinion.
zachb is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 140
Just best to stay away from traffic when at all possible or don't go into town when it's hot out. But when winter comes, it's more of an added perk having that heater near you.
Duckaty is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by themightye View Post
1: This bike does not like traffic. I got caught in some yesterday and I thought my inner thighs were going to burn! My 848 was hot, but not like this. I was riding with some guys on 1199rís and 1299ís and they said Iíll get used to it. I wonder if anyone else finds this bike a little warm.

2: I keep hitting the turn signal to the right, even when I turn it off. Itís happened a few times where I signal, make a lane change, and turn off the signal. I look down, and the right turn signal is on. Curious if anyone else does this as well.
#1 is precisely why some guys I know with bigger bikes like to ride 500's and 600's in the city during daily commutes. One rides a Honda Grom.
V4Dream is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Bikeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckaty View Post
Just best to stay away from traffic when at all possible or don't go into town when it's hot out. But when winter comes, it's more of an added perk having that heater near you.
Lol props to anyone trying to ride their V4 in the winter, that's dedication right there. Suppose it would be ideal in the fall. How many riders on here in the U.S lane split? I know its not technically illegal, but drivers don't seem to be too fond of it.
Bikeman is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
Lol props to anyone trying to ride their V4 in the winter, that's dedication right there. Suppose it would be ideal in the fall. How many riders on here in the U.S lane split? I know its not technically illegal, but drivers don't seem to be too fond of it.
You would be surprised by the amount of people that ride even while it get colder before snow and ice arrives. Cold tires on cold pavement is a terrible idea unless you like living on the edge.
V4Dream is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4Dream View Post
You would be surprised by the amount of people that ride even while it get colder before snow and ice arrives. Cold tires on cold pavement is a terrible idea unless you like living on the edge.
In 2015 I rode right up to Christmas Eve. It was a unique year, the weather was fantastic. A few days after, we had a huge snowstorm and did not get back out until the following March. Agreed, cold weather and cold tires do not work well.

There used to be a guy close to my work who would drive his Ural all year long. I would hear the sound of a motorcycle in February, look out the window, and see him drive in ice and snow! Diehard!
themightye is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
I have a 2016 Tuono 1100 and it gets hot but the new v4 tops the heat under seat - cooks you on a hot day!:devil:
Panzer07 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome