For the V4 owner's ADVICE - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Question For the V4 owner's ADVICE

I am the owner of a 2018 SuperSport S, I find it to be a fantastic motorcycle due to the comfort and looks, however, I come from much bigger and more powerful sports bikes and I feel that the SuperSport lack on power (not a big deal as I do not track).

QUESTION:
Can you V4 owners give me your SINCERE opinion if I really should go for a V4?
I am 51 years old, very fit (5'11 and 184 lbs) and have a second enduro bike for long trips.

Thank you all for any inputs.
LCL
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 01:06 PM

If you're not tracking, I think its a waste as the SS is a better fit for your riding. Perhaps if you ride a lot of twisty roads and actually try to corner and drag knee, then perhaps getting a V4 is justified.
brazeagle likes this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Could not survive the anxiety! Just pre-ordered a Base V4...

Cheers
LCL
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 06:43 PM

I sold my SuperSport S because it felt underpowered. And I don't track any bikes. It just seemed too slow compared with my S1000RR with Austin race exhaust. I have an order for the V4 Speciale and can't wait (though I guess I'll have to, for quite some time).

The SSS is a nice bike. Handles well, looks great. But the power was an issue for me enough to make the switch. I'm you're age, too!

Seems like you might agree with me. There's no right or wrong; it's just about what gets you excited.
SixShock and brazeagle like this.

James Kerner

Ducati XDiavel S '17
Ducati SuportSport S (sold)
Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale '19
BMW S1000RR and K1600 excl
Harley CVO Breakout and CVO Street Glide
Aprilia RSV4RF '17
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster '18
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Not every bike needs to be tracked, so long as you're happy it's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Did you get a delivery date already?
bisogna likes this.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Delivery expected in early May 2018!
For now I will continue enjoying my SSS.

Thanks all,
Ride Safe
LCL
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 08:19 PM

I am in a similar situation - 52 and just traded in my 2017 supersport for the new V4 S Panigale. The V4 is much lighter, feels like a 600, power power power, and ok ergos for me being 6 feet tall. The engine is much smoother being a v4 and so is the transmission, quick shifter is almost perfect. My only gripe with the new bike is the searing heat it puts out, enough to cook your thighs on a hot day! The supersport is a very nice bike but I love the v4 as it has 100 more horses so enjoy the new bike!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 11:41 PM

I am 61 and in good shape. Been riding upright or enduro bikes the last few years, but missed the insanity of a bike like the V4. My V4s has been a nice addition. It's a decent street bike except for the exhaust heat.
Panzer07 likes this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer07 View Post
I am in a similar situation - 52 and just traded in my 2017 supersport for the new V4 S Panigale. The V4 is much lighter, feels like a 600, power power power, and ok ergos for me being 6 feet tall. The engine is much smoother being a v4 and so is the transmission, quick shifter is almost perfect. My only gripe with the new bike is the searing heat it puts out, enough to cook your thighs on a hot day! The supersport is a very nice bike but I love the v4 as it has 100 more horses so enjoy the new bike!
everyone brings up the engine heat. How bad is it? Do you wish you had the supersport back?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 02:56 AM

You guys are all babies. I'm 69 and really like the ergonomics of the bike. I also had a Supersport. Agree with the heat comments, it's winter in Australia and when I ride in Kevlar jeans the heat is pretty bad on my left thigh in traffic. In leather pants however I don't feel any heat at all but leather pants might be too uncomfortable in summer. Maybe sewing a leather insert onto my Kevlar jeans on the left thigh is the solution.
Such a great bike, so exciting to ride.
Andrew Saverino likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page