Panigale V4 Club banner

For the V4 owner's ADVICE

11K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  German4rings 
#1 ·
I am the owner of a 2018 SuperSport S, I find it to be a fantastic motorcycle due to the comfort and looks, however, I come from much bigger and more powerful sports bikes and I feel that the SuperSport lack on power (not a big deal as I do not track).

QUESTION:
Can you V4 owners give me your SINCERE opinion if I really should go for a V4?
I am 51 years old, very fit (5'11 and 184 lbs) and have a second enduro bike for long trips.

Thank you all for any inputs.
LCL

#4 ·
I sold my SuperSport S because it felt underpowered. And I don't track any bikes. It just seemed too slow compared with my S1000RR with Austin race exhaust. I have an order for the V4 Speciale and can't wait (though I guess I'll have to, for quite some time).

The SSS is a nice bike. Handles well, looks great. But the power was an issue for me enough to make the switch. I'm you're age, too!

Seems like you might agree with me. There's no right or wrong; it's just about what gets you excited.

#7 ·
I am in a similar situation - 52 and just traded in my 2017 supersport for the new V4 S Panigale. The V4 is much lighter, feels like a 600, power power power, and ok ergos for me being 6 feet tall. The engine is much smoother being a v4 and so is the transmission, quick shifter is almost perfect. My only gripe with the new bike is the searing heat it puts out, enough to cook your thighs on a hot day! The supersport is a very nice bike but I love the v4 as it has 100 more horses so enjoy the new bike!:cool:

#10 ·
You guys are all babies. I'm 69 and really like the ergonomics of the bike. I also had a Supersport. Agree with the heat comments, it's winter in Australia and when I ride in Kevlar jeans the heat is pretty bad on my left thigh in traffic. In leather pants however I don't feel any heat at all but leather pants might be too uncomfortable in summer. Maybe sewing a leather insert onto my Kevlar jeans on the left thigh is the solution.
Such a great bike, so exciting to ride.

#18 ·
I'm 6'2" and 62 I find the ergo's of the bike fairly good you have to put up with numb hands every now and then, I attest to the left leg getting cooked in traffic the heat is fairly feisty but once at hy wy speeds not so much an issue we get 40-43 Celcius (104F-109F) days here in summer.
I am getting the fuel light at 170Klm's there abouts have yet to have the wife follow(In the car) with a jerry can & run the bike dry just to see the max range on a complete tank as we do not have a garage on every street corner in Aus some fuel stops can be 000's klm's appart.

I like the set up of the whole package it flicks SS Commodores off like a piece of straw in the wind "Where did the bike go!" and accelerating hard with the front wheel just off the deck is outragous fun just gotta watch the speed cameras and the boys in blue.
How does in compare with my VF1000R Honda sadly the VF would be left in the dust mind you in 1984 when I brought that bike it was one of the top ones out there.

Ducati have stepped up the game with the V4's giving the general public a track superbike for the street almost, you can mod it to get more HP but whats the need your not racing on a track and the thing will see most if not all supercars in the dust over the 1/4 mile.
Me I am stoked with my "S" almost on par with my wife ooops no not really!:p

#24 ·
Heat on the v4? Have you owned any other Ducati superbikes? This thing is a cool summer breeze compared to 1098s . Now that thing was like having your nuts on a barbecue..😂😂😂😂 enjoy the monster 1200! That’s a great bike as well. Super fun to ride .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.